Local vigilance and action in the fight against crime
The principle objectives of Neighbourhood Watch are to:
- reduce crime and the opportunities for crime in East Bridgford
- help reassure those residents who live in fear of crime
- encourage neighbourliness and a sense of community spirit
- improve levels of communication between Police and residents.
The local scheme operates over the whole village with
approximately 30 Neighbourhood Watch Coordinators
providing cover for each street. The co-ordinators meet twice
review progress and problems. Click
here to find out what being a
A report of crimes committed in the
is compiled each month - copies are published here and in the
Current trends in crime that might impact on residents are also reported
together with other relevant Police advice.
Close liaison is maintained
with Rushcliffe Community Watch (RCW), based at West Bridgford Police
Station. The RCW bulletins on local crime problems are circulated as
appropriate and also published here.
For further information on the Scheme,
contact one of the joint head co-ordinators:
- Derek Atkinson Tel: 20649
- Paul Bancroft Tel: 20812
- Elaine Bateman