If you are interested in
helping with coordination of the scheme within the village,
this information may be of help to you.
Core Role of a Coordinator
1. Point of contact: The primary role of each Neighbourhood Watch Co-ordinator is
to act as a point of first contact for residents in your beat: to receive and distribute
information, and messages.
2. Encouraging membership: Inviting
residents who are new to the area to join the scheme, and communicating with them
to ensure you are aware when their property is empty while they are away.
You may volunteer to walk around the property externally if an alarm is
sounding just to ensure there are no broken windows or forced doors.
3. Reporting crime: The central contribution of each Co-ordinator is to
ensure that any information within their knowledge relating to crime or
anti-social behaviour is made known to the police.
4. Attending the monthly beat surgeries.
To run the scheme effectively, other tasks are required, and assistance is
welcomed by the head coordinator in the following areas:
1. Promote participation in the scheme by encouraging residents of the community to be vigilant and to report any crimes promptly;
2. Monthly reporting: Passing on messages to residents and producing a monthly report for the village magazine and website on the extent of crime in the area.
3. Maintain a register of coordinators areas, including E-mail addresses, in order to receive and disseminate community Ringmaster messages.
4. Communicate with police on an on-going basis, and exchange information on crime and related issues affecting the quality of life in that area.
6. Liaise with other local Neighbourhood Watch Coordinators and
encouraging the use of methods which deter crime and protect homes and property.
8. Organisation: Assist in the maintenance of the scheme in terms of organising meetings, producing agendas, taking minutes and producing an annual report for the Parish Council.
For further information on the Scheme,
contact one of the joint head co-ordinators:
Atkinson Tel: 20649
- Paul Bancroft Tel: 20812
Barnsdale Tel: 20276